This post is a little bit late! The Challenge for this week in Brooke’s WW Back to Basic Challenge is about improving spaces.
The advantage I have this week is that I’ve been pretty solid OP for the last couple of months! There is always room for improvement though. I went through Brooke’s list of items to work on to determine if each item was something I needed to work on improving.
- I don’t keep trigger foods in my cabinets.
- My scale sits on my counter top already and my measuring cups are in the top drawer with easy access.
- I’ve been stocking plenty of fruits and veggies in my fridge.
- I don’t mark point values on my packages, but I do mark the foods I eat most often as favorites in eTools.
- I don’t work out at home generally. I go to the gym M/W/F after work, and on T/Sa I actually walk outside. I do have room in my living room to do Walk Away the Pounds if I need to though.
- I don’t post quotes around the house – and maybe I should. But since I’m moving in T-minus 3 weeks, I’m not going to start right now. Maybe next month. I do post favorite quotes and such to my Instagram so that I can go back and reread them!
- I always pack my work out clothes in my gym bag the night before I’m going to the gym. It’s part of my “getting ready for work” routine before I go to bed.
- As far as storing food at my desk – I do have a bag of mini york peppermint patties in my desk for those times I need a quick chocolate fix – they are 1 PPV each and is enough sweetness to satisfy me. Other than that, I don’t keep any food at my desk.
- I tend to drink a lot of water, so between refilling my water cup and going to the bathroom (and besides all the other trips I make at work) I do tend to get up and move around once an hour or so. Plus my back gets sore if I don’t!
- Packing my lunch is the biggest thing I struggle with. I tend to do OK about 3 days a week. This is my biggest challenge – making sure I pack my lunch and snacks EVERY day.
So, I’m for sure working on packing my lunch and snacks every day. I need to do most of the work at night – it’s easier for me. I hate getting up in the morning, so the more I have ready the night before, the better.
The other thing I’m really working on, which has nothing to do with spaces really, is making sure I’m getting my Good Health Guidelines in … more specifically, my two teaspoons of oil. That’s the hardest part. But I’ve gotten them in 5 days in a row now!!
I feel like I have my spaces pretty well in control. It feels great!