Well, thanks to Melissa, I’ve been tagged. She just likes to do that in order to make me post more. I’ve already posted like 3 times this year, I’m not sure what else she wants from me!
I will not be following the rules and tagging anyone else, but I will answer the questions posed to me!
11 Random Things about Me
- I own a 4-wheeler (Quad)
- I technically have 5 tattoos, though by looking at them, you’d see only 3.
- My brother gave me what would technically be 3 of my tattoos – and he’s still not done with one of them.
- Surprisingly, I’ve only been to 38 or 39 states. Most of the states I haven’t been to are in the Northeast, though Oklahoma, Arkansas and S. Dakota are included in that list as well. I’m hoping that in the next couple of months I can knock a couple of those off, as I’ll be in the Boston area next month.
- I’ve been to 7 Canadian Provinces.
- I once won the equivalent of the Miss Congeniality award when I did the Young Woman of the Year program my Junior year in High School.
- Once upon a time, I was going to be a Doctor. That was before I flunked chemistry my first quarter in college. Oops.
- I love to read. Mostly smut! LOL
- I say that I scrapbook, but mostly I collect scrapbooking materials.
- I love to go on vacations.
- I love my puppies, Jack & Benny.
(That was much harder than I thought it would be, and yes, I might have gotten lazy towards the end of the list!)
My 11 answers from the Questions that Melissa asked:
- What’s the most memorable vacation you’ve ever taken? Probably my 17 day trip to Europe in 2000. Spain, France and Italy on a Cruise Ship.
- What’s your dream vacation? Down under mate (AKA Australia). That along with the South Pacific Islands (Tahiti and Bora Bora).
- What’s your favorite childhood memory? That’s a tough one, there are a lot. Going to Moses Lake camping and fishing, camping on the American River, going to Hawai’i and snorkeling and hanging on the beach the whole time we were there, going to Canon Beach with my Grandma, learning to quilt with my other Grandma.
- What’s something you’re good at doing? I’m pretty decent at cross stitching, and I’m pretty good at making cards and scrapbooking.
- What’s your favorite hobby? Oops – see the above. Right now though, I’m more into stitching than anything else.
- Do you read recipe/cooking websites or blogs? If so, what’s your favorite? Not really. I get most of my recipes from friends or off Pinterest these days.
- Do you have a favorite quote? If so, what is it? This is an ever changing thing I think. Currently though, my favorite is: “Don’t look back, you’re not going that way.”
- Are you afraid of anything? If so, what? Yes. Slugs. No comment.
- What book are you currently reading? Nothing right now, but I still have the most current Black Dagger Brotherhood book and at least one of the Sookie Stackhouse to catch up on!
- What are you most grateful for? My family and friends (who are just an extension of my family). My good job. My puppies.
- What can make you happy when you’re feeling blue? My dogs. Music – specifically Smile by Uncle Kracker.
Phew, that was a lot of work! Goodnight!
The Sisterhood started a new Challenge for May … May Your Way!
I’m a few days late in joining in, but figured it would be a good way to set some goals for myself for the month of May!
So, my May goals:
- Journal my food … good, bad, and ugly
- Blog at least 2 times a week (I missed April all together – OOPS)
- Make a new recipe at least once a week, and blog about it
- Starting tomorrow, May 6th, accumulate 200,000 steps throughout the rest of May. That’s 8,000 steps a day minimum. Melissa came up with that goal and I LOVED it (she started the 1st of May though and is shooting for 250,000 steps).
That’s about it! If you’re interested in reading more about the Challenge, I’ve added a button on the Right to the Sisterhood!
I have a ton of pictures to post, more scrapbook pages to share, and more stuff in general to talk about. I go home tomorrow and will be home for 17 days (w00t), so I’ll be catching up on my Blogging while I’m home! Stay tuned …
I’m getting in under the gun again on the deadline but I’ve been having problems getting my picture transferred over to my computer. I need a new card reader I guess! Grr …
Anyway, this weeks Heart 2 Heart Challenge was a ribbon challenge. The challenge was to use at least 2 different ribbons on your card.
I managed to use 3. In my card I used ribbon has my background “paper”. Then I added a little piece of green ribbon behind the clear CTMH button. The paper flower is also CTMH and the stamped image is from the CTMH Treasures set!
This week the Challenge over at H2H is Let’s Get Sketchy….
I followed it generally pretty close!
My official entry is this one:
The only thing about it that’s not CTMH is the kraft card base.
CTMH Cranberry CS
CTMH Cranberry Grosgrain Ribbon
CTMH Cupcake Sprinkles Stamp Set
CTMH Red Sparkles
CTMH Patterned Paper (very old, and very retired)
But I was on a roll and was really liking the monochromatic look of this card so kept making different versions of the same card:
Making it under the wire again for the newest Heart to Heart Challenge this week!
It’s a 1/2/3 Challenge – in this case 1 stamped image, 2 patterned papers and 3 embellishments!
Here’s my entry (supplies to follow picture) – Enjoy!
Everything is CTMH!
Cocoa Grosgrain Ribbon
Pewter Foundry Frames
Twilight fabric covered brad
Legendary Moments stamp set
This card is for Beate’s Weekend Sketch Challenge #34.
It’s all CTMH product – all retired except the silver eyelets! LOL
Another Tilda Card! I love this particular stamp. So darling. I used my Prismacolor pencils again. I think the coloring of the clothes turned out ok. I thought about paper piecing the clothes, but decided to go with the coloring again. I think this is a technique that just requires patience and practice.
This particular card actually qualifies for
href="http://magnoliachallengeblog.blogspot.com/2008/02/5-romancebuckle.html">Tilda & Co’s Romance Challenge!
I “glittered” my paper flower with modge podge and glitter – I saw this done on a Blog last week and for the life of me can’t remember which one. I know I have it bookmarked, just can’t find it right now. I also used Stickles this time for the wings!
ETA – I found the Blog!!! Lauren over at My Time, My Creations, My Stampendence has the great tutorial on glitter-ing your paper flowers!
And here’s a sneak peak of what I’m working on now …
Have a great Monday!
A couple of weeks ago I got 4 Magnolia stamps delivered! I’m so happy! They are adorable.
I took this opportunity to also really use my new Prismacolor Pencils for the first time on a real card. I didn’t do MUCH coloring in, as I paper pieced her dress and boots, but I like how her hair and face turned out … next time I’ll branch out and actually color in her dress. And hopefully you can see the glitter on her wings!
And I’m really loving this Silouette Paper kit from CTMH. It’s fabulous!
This card also fulfills Beate’s Weekend Sketch Challenge #31.
Papers: CTMH – Silouette Papers
Inks: Staz On – Black
Stamps: CTMH – Make It Count; Magnolia – Tilda
Accessories: CTMH – Black brads, Glitter, Designer Black Ribbon; SU – Corner Tab punch
I know … I’ve been a bad blogger! I’m sorry. I just haven’t had any creative mojo the last several days!
It’s bad timing too … I leave in 8 days for a 3 day scrapbooking retreat. Deb and Jane put on a GREAT retreat 2 times a year. This will be the 5th one I’ve been to, and they are totally worth the time and money invested each time! (And yes, that is me in the top picture, I’m not sure how I got that honor!)
Anyway, this card I finally forced myself to make tonight! I still wasn’t feeling all that great, but I used Jen’s Sham Battle Sunday Sketch Challenge to get myself in gear, and I’m pretty happy with the results really. The papers are Bazzil and Chatterbox (Greenhouse Bouquet). The stamps, ink, brads and ribbon are all CTMH. Plus of course I used Marvy punches, and SU slot punch.
On a seperate note, I took delivery of my Paper Towers that my great Dad made for me. It’s not totally organized yet the way I want it, but that’s going to take some time to go through and make a final decision on how to sort my paper (mostly CTMH, and mostly in zip lock bags).
Hope you have a great week! I’m going to try and get a tutorial of Polished Stone done up this week! Keep an eye out!